Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dom Pérignon on a Wednesday evening

caipirinha cocktailWe celebrate getting together as a couple on the sixteenth of December. After many years I tend to forget this important day with all the preparations for christmas going on. So when my husband surprised me with a caiprinha, I was first merely glad. This Brazilian cocktail always picks me up, bringing so many sunny memories. We sipped our drinks while the kids where having dinner and then I went upstairs to put them to bed.

oyster platterWhen I came back, candles were lit, flowers stod on the table together with a bottle of champagne and two platters of oysters.... Then I suddenly remembered! Aren`t those the best moments, surprises that change an ordinary Wednesday evening into a feast?  I sighed with delight as I tasted the champagne... and my husband turned the bottle so I could see the Dom Pérignon label! We had our oysters and continued with whelkes, smoked haddock and a delicious cake with almonds and raspberries. We sat there for hours, talking and slowly finishing the champagne bottle.

Louis XIII cognac bottleBut my surprises were not over. He got up and brought another bottle to the table. It was a gift from a group of friends. A very exclusive bottle of cognac - Louis XIII from Rémy Martin for those who know about these things. I usually don't even like cognac that much... but this was different. Just to smell it was awesome.... so smooth and yet rich.... we sat sipping it slowly for hours, talking, just enjoying being together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội