Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Preparing for New Year's


Back from snowy Sweden! Enjoyed my stay but as usual I am very happy to be at home again. We have some folks over for New Year's Eve, so we have ordered some deer and phesant at our local butcher. I am also preparing some spicy hot wine - most recipes said the spices should soak in the vodka for weeks... godness I only have two days - but I finally found one that spoke of only 24 to 48 hours.

I also prepared some fig marmalade, made by dried figs and port. It goes with the cheese so we will see if we get there this year (last year we waved the white flag after the main course and skipped both cheese AND dessert, something that has never occured before). I brought the shapes to make knäck, a traditional Christmas sweet in Sweden, but we will see if I have time.

I hope you all had a calm and peaceful Christmas and that Father Christmas made all your dreams come true!






Just because a pretty flower lightens up your day

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội