Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Strawberry and almond cream cake


Last week it rained, so we made waffles to cheer ourselves up. This week both the sun and the summer warmth is here, so we made a strawberry and almond cake to celebrate! Here you see Clara adding the final touch to the strawberries.... I used 500 g of them but the recipe said a bit more and next time I'll get 1 kg and only use the smallest and prettiest of them.....

As usual with me, this is extra simple and mega tasty. Ready made Danish pastry that I let pre-cook in the oven 160 degrees for 15 minutes. Mix 150 g almond powder, 80 g sugar, 50 g butter and two eggs. Add and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Let cool off and add 650 g - at least - of strawberries. We had it with some custard, that my children Adore, but I think some whipped cream would have even better....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội