Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Surprise - Saint-Jean-de-Luz

Winter on the beach in Saint-Jean-de-Luz

Twenty-four hours. Doesn't sound much, but sometimes that's all you need to do a romantic getaway. My husband had planned this as a surprise, so I was only told to pack a dress and a swimsuit….

I won't give you much details, nor photos, but if I say hammam, massage with hot stones, champagne and strawberries and a sumptuous dinner, I guess you get the picture. And today we enjoyed the cold sun in Saint Jean de Luz, had oysters and bought some Adam macarons, a local specialty based on almonds.

It's only 24 hours later, but I feel like I went away for a week! I wish you a Valentine's Day with the ones you care the most for!

Typical basque dancing. Red and black are the colours of Saint-Jean-de-Luz

Typical basque house

Typical street in Saint-Jean-de-Luz

Typical brasserie. In this case, Brouillarta on the beach in Saint-Jean-de-Luz. They have marvellous oysters.

On thing I love about France is how beautifully they pack cookies....

... like the famous macarons from Adam. Not sure they are the best, but they are Very Very Good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội