Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Swedish ladies night at Lycée Hôtelier

Yesterday I went to a Swedish ladies night out at the Lycée hôtelier in Biarritz. We usually meet at somebody’s place, but this time we wanted to support the education of the future generation of fine hotel employees. Dinner was delicious, the discussions animated but the highlight of the evening was to observe the students!

First, when I arrive, I’m greeted at the reception with the two biggest smiles I have seen for a good while. I smiled back and walked on to the bar. Four youngsters lined up behind an impressive bar all watch me arrive, smile and greet me. I almost giggled, but at the same time, it IS very nice to be met with attention. I felt like a VIP!

In the restaurant they were all disguised... I mean, dressed very nicely... but you could see that the younger ones were not totally comfortable....

The menu changes every night and you need to reserve a table in advance. Lunch is 15 euros, dinner 24 euros. I had a small crème brulée with parmesan and tomato, then duck liver and apple in a brick (photo), followed by a millefeuille with pilgrim mussels. Dessert was chocolate filled macaroons with mascarpone ice-cream. Truly delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội